Robert "Bob" McAuliff's Biography
Robert “Bob” McAuliff is one of the best known and most successful retail, sports and entertainment marketing executives in the Chicagoland area and the nation. Born and raised in Chicago, he currently resides in Wayne, Illinois, with his wife and 3 children, where he is active in various community, school and church organizations.
Bob's background includes the creation of high profile, promotional program. These programs integrated retail, media, signage, hospitality, tickets, sampling and more for the retail, sports and entertainment industries. The objective was to brand and develop cutting edge marketing programs that met the objectives of all partners involved.
President of Homelife Marketing, Inc. and President and Executive Producer of Homelife Radio, a division of WPM Productions, Inc.
President & CEO - Venture Group Partnership Marketing, Inc.,
President & CEO - Season Tickets
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
President - Chicago Wolves
Executive Vice-President - Major Broadcasting Company
Sales Manager - ABC Capital Cities
The Venture Group Partnership Marketing, Inc.
- As CEO/President of The Venture Group, a partnership marketing company, Bob creates and packages high profile promotional programs that integrate retail, media, signage, hospitality, tickets, sampling and more for the retail, sports and entertainment industries with the objective of branding and developing cutting edge marketing programs that meet the objectives of all partners involved.
The Chicago Wolves
- As President of the Chicago Wolves, Bob played an instrumental role in turning the franchise into one of the most successful in the Chicago sports market. The four-time League Champion Chicago Wolves are considered to be one of the most successful sports organizations in the nation. Do not mention the Stanley Cup by name.
- Enhanced team revenue through savvy use of advertising, marketing and co-promotional programs to maximize promotional dollars
- Sold Chicago Wolves’ beer pouring rights to Anheuser Busch for $750,000
- Sold Chicago Wolves’ soda pouring rights to Coca Cola for $750,000
- Built brand into a family-friendly powerhouse, introducing game time innovations and other tactics to build game day attendance and season ticket sales as well as enhance revenue, forging strong partnerships with the local community
- Developed “hat trick” ticket sales program (which became the #1 group ticket sales program in the league) that drove group & individual tickets to the highest in Chicago Wolves history and is currently used today by many teams in the American Hockey League
Allstate Arena & Rosemont Theatre
- Sold naming rights for Rosemont Horizon to Allstate for $10 million with a $10 million renewal option
- Signed Daily Herald as a year sponsor of Allstate Arena for $1.25 million
- Worked directly with Allstate Arena and Rosemont Theatre to implement numerous partnership programs thru Jewel-Osco with Disney On Ice, Barney, Bill Cosby, Harvey Corman & Tim Conway, the Radio City Rockets and the Chicago Pops
The LaSalle Banks Chicago Marathon
- Part of group that purchased Chicago Marathon for $400K and sold rights 2 years later for $2.4 million
- Sold three year naming rights of Chicago Marathon to LaSalle Banks for $1.5 million
- Sold the Chicago Marathon to LaSalle Banks for $2.4 million
Other Professional Achievements
- Developed product promotion and retail tie-ins with John Madden (Hall of Fame NFL coach), Bob Costas (#1 rated sports broadcaster in the world), Jim Flanagan (former Bear great) and Kerry Wood (Chicago Cub superstar and a MLB strike out record holder)
- Created, built, managed and sold a ticketing software company, Season Tickets, Inc., to the second largest ticketing company in the world, Paciolan, for $2.5 million
- Raised over $30 million in private equity & corporate capital for early stage and start-up ventures
- Developed the largest Chicagoland 2-week vendor program for Jewel-Osco creating over $500,000 in vendor co-op
- Developed retail vendor supported promotions that together have generated over $20 million of incremental revenue and have moved millions of dollar worth of inventory for such clients as Target, Wal-Mart, Albertson’s, American Foods, etc.
- Sold 4-year $3 million sponsor deal to Royal Neighbors Insurance Company for the USPV (United States Professional Volleyball League)
- Youngest sales manager in the history of ABC Capital Cities